- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Fish Fillet In Wine Sauce Recipe
|Lemon sole fillets/Plaice fillets||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Egg white||1⁄2 , lightly beaten|
|Cornflour paste||1 Tablespoon (Thick)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|For the sauce:|
|Dried black fungus||1⁄4 Ounce (Wood Ears, 10 Gram)|
|Seasoned oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Soft brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Chinese rice wine/Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Brandy/Whisky / rum||1 Tablespoon|
|Stock/Water||4 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Sesame oil||2 Drop|
|Cornflour paste||2 Teaspoon (Thin)|
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 149
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.9%
Saturated Fat 2.4 g11.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 54.7 mg
Sodium 693.3 mg28.9%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 0.1 g0.42%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 23 g45.2%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 3.6%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To prepare the fish trim off the soft bones along the edges.
2. Cut each fillet into 8-10 pieces if large or 4-6 pieces if small.
3. In a bowl mix with the salt, egg white and thick cornflour paste, blend gently with fingers.
4. Soak the wood ears in warm water for 10-15 minutes, rinse and drain, cut into small pieces.
5. In a pan heat the oil until medium hot, add the fish piece by piece and stir gently to make sure they are not stuck together.
6. Deep-fry for about 1 minute, remove and drain.
7. Wipe clean the wok, heat the tablespoon of fresh oil until hot, stir-fry the wood ears with the garlic for 30-40 seconds.
8. Bring to boil adding the salt, sugar, wine, brandy and stock or water
9. Then add the fish, blend well and braise for about 1 minute. Add the MSG (if using) and sesame oil.
10. Thicken the sauce with the thin cornflour paste off the heat.
11. Serve Braised Fish Fillet hot spooning around Wine Sauce.