- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Escarole And Broccoli Rabe Recipe
|Escarole||1 Pound (Use Fresh Broad-Leaf Variety)|
|Broccoli rabe||1 Pound|
|Light olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon (Use 1/2 Stick)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled and crushed|
|Scallions||4 , chopped|
Calories 281 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.8%
Saturated Fat 9.7 g48.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.3 mg
Sodium 166.4 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 6 g11.3%
Vitamin A 119.1% Vitamin C 63.1%
Calcium 20.4% Iron 20.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Wash escarole and broccoli rabe leaves. Drain excess water and pat dry.
2)Trim base of broccoli rabe stems and discard. Cut the rest of the stems, leaves and tops into 4-inch lengths.
3) In a saute pan, heat oil and stir in butter until melted over low heat.
4) Now add scallions and garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes, but do not brown.
5) Mix the escarole and broccoli rabe in the above mixture.
6) Toss to lightly mix while cooking over moderate-high heat until vegetables shrink for about 3 minutes.
7) Add required salt and pepper to taste.
8) Serve hot with lemon wedges.