- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Endives Recipe
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/Beef stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 662 Calories from Fat 263
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.3%
Saturated Fat 16.9 g84.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.1 mg
Sodium 1027.2 mg42.8%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.5%
Dietary Fiber 66.2 g264.8%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 31 g61.5%
Vitamin A 929.7% Vitamin C 271.1%
Calcium 112.7% Iron 102.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) Trim off the root ends of the endives, cut each head lengthwise, wash and let it dry.
3) Also discard the tough core at the base of each heart.
4) Peel and dice onion finely.
5) Take a flameproof casserole, melt butter, and stir fry onion until soft and translucent.
6) Stir in endives, saute, and season with freshly grounded pepper and salt.
7) Remove dish from heat, Pour the stock over the endives, cover, and cook in an oven for 35 minutes.
8) Garnish with finely chopped parsley and serve.