- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Daikon Recipe
|Daikon||1⁄3 , peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch thick rounds|
|Black sesame seeds||3 Tablespoon, roasted for 1 minute in a dry pan and ground|
Calories 313 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.1%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1274.2 mg53.1%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 29.9 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 0.7% Vitamin C 20.9%
Calcium 25.9% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Soak the rice in water for 1-2 hrs, drain well, reserve the water, and prepare the steamed rice as usual, to serve with the daikon later.
2) In a saucepan, alllow the reserved water to boil alongwith the daikon until tender.
3) Drain, add fresh water and the konbu kelp, allow to boil then simmer on a low heat for 8-10 min.
4) In a bowl, add ground seeds, miso, sugar, mirin, and water, blend well to make a paste.
5) Serve immediately with steamed rice and the daikon rounds topped with the paste.