- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Chuck Steak Recipe
|Chuck steak||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|All-purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock cube||1|
Calories 645 Calories from Fat 436
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75%
Saturated Fat 19.1 g95.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.7 mg
Sodium 529.8 mg22.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 30 g59.8%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 13.7%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the steak into four pieces.
2) Slice the onions and the mushrooms.
3) In a pan, heat lard and fry onions until tender. Remove from pan.
4) In the same pan, fry mushrooms and remove them too.
5) In a bowl, mix together flour, salt and pepper. Coat the steak into it.
6) In the same pan, brown it from both sides. Remove it from pan.
7) Now, add water and stock cube to pan and boil. Cook it until smooth. Adjust seasoning.
8) Take a baking tin or large casserole and put meat in it. Pour sauce, onions and mushrooms.
9) Cover it and bake at 325 degrees or gas mark 3 for 1 ½ hours.
10) Plate the meat with onions and mushrooms around it.