- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Celery with Walnuts Recipe
|Celery head||1 , trimmed, washed and cut into 1 1/2 inch slanting sticks|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 grams /1/4 cup)|
|Broken shelled walnuts||2 Ounce (50 grams /1/2 cup)|
|Lemon||1 , rind coarsely grated|
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.1%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.5 mg10.2%
Sodium 109.3 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 25.9%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot blanch the celery in boiling salted water for 5 minutes.
2. In a pan add half of the butter and cook the onions till soft.
3. Add the celery to the onion and saute gently for 5-10 minutes until tender but still crisp.
4. In a pan fry the walnuts in the remaining butter for 1-2 minutes until crisp.
5. Put everything in a bowl, add the lemon rind, season and toss well.
6. Serve at room temperature or chilled(add the walnuts while serving if chilled).