- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Celery with Peanut Butter Sauce Recipe
|Celery||3 Cup (48 tbs), sliced|
|Onion||1 Medium, sliced|
|Peanut butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 134 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 573.6 mg23.9%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.2%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, allow the celery, onion and 1/4 cup water to boil, then cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes.
2) Drain well and reserve the cooking liquid.
3) Remove the vegetables in a hot serving dish and return the liquid into the saucepan.
4) Stir the peanut butter and soy sauce into the liquid in the saucepan.
5) Add 3-4 tablespoons of water, heat well and pour over the celery.
6) Serve immediately.