- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Burdock - Korean Food Recipe Video
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|White vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Burdock root||2 , scraped and julienned|
|Soy sauce||5 Tablespoon|
|Chopped ginger||1 Tablespoon, julienned|
|Fish sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1 1⁄8 Tablespoon (1/8 tablespoon for drizzling on the dish)|
|Black sesame seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 148 Calories from Fat 41
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.2%
Saturated Fat 0.67 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1256.3 mg52.3%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.8%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 3 g5.3%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 4.3%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, combine water and vinegar and set aside.
2. Wash burdock well, and scrape off outer skin with a knife.
3. Slice very thinly and diagonally, and then cut into very thin long strips. Add burdock into vinegar water immediately. Set aside for 10 minutes. (Vinegar water helps prevent browning and preserves color.)
4. For the sauce: In a bowl, combine soy sauce, mirin, chopped ginger, sugar, honey, fish sauce and black pepper. Mix well together.
5. Drain burdock right before you start cooking.
6. In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat a tablespoon of sesame oil.
7. Add burdock and saute for 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
8. Add the sauce mixture and reduce heat to medium low stirring frequently.
9. Cook 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
10. Remove from heat, transfer to a serving dish.
11. Drizzle with remaining sesame oil and garnish with black sesame seeds. Serve right away.