- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Bitter Melon Stuffed With Minced Fish Recipe
|Fermented black beans||2 Teaspoon|
|Fish fillets||1 Pound|
|Bitter melon||2 Pound|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm)|
|Stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1596 Calories from Fat 602
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g104.6%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 992.9 mg
Sodium 2708.2 mg112.8%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.8%
Dietary Fiber 26 g103.9%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 194 g388.9%
Vitamin A 102.2% Vitamin C 1287.5%
Calcium 67.8% Iron 85%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Shell and devein shrimp. Mince or grind together with fish. Add egg white and salt and knead well to blend thoroughly.
3. Slice each bitter melon crosswise in 4 thick sections. Scoop out pulp and discard. Stuff fish mixture into pulp cavity, making a mound at the top.
4. Mince garlic and mash together with soaked black beans.
5. Heat oil. Add bitter melon sections, mound-side down, and brown fish lightly. Remove from pan.
6. Add garlic-black bean mixture and stir-fry about 1 minute. Then stir in stock, salt and sugar. Return bitter melon sections and bring to a boil. Then simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
7. Remove bitter melon to a warm serving platter, leaving liquids in pan. Blend cornstarch and cold water to a paste; then stir in to thicken. Pour sauce over bitter melon and serve.