- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braised Beef with Barolo Wine - Italian Recipe Video
|Beef chuck||1 Kilogram|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Bay leaves||2 Small|
|Rosemary branch||1 Small|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Small|
|Celery stalks||2 Medium, chop|
|Carrots||2 Medium, chop|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||1 Bottle (1 l)|
Calories 535 Calories from Fat 313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.2%
Saturated Fat 12.5 g62.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.6 mg
Sodium 146 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0.81 g3.2%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 24 g49%
Vitamin A 55.1% Vitamin C 2.8%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop all the vegetables and peel the garlic, In a large glass bowl place the meat and add the chopped vegetables along with garlic, rosemary, bay leaves and the spices.
2. Pour the wine and cover with cling film, let it marinate in the fridge for 12 hours.
3. Once meat is marinated overnight remove and pat dry it with a kitchen paper.
4. Strain the vegetables and keep them aside, also keep the marinade sauce in a separate bowl.
5. In a large pot brown the meat along with the butter and oil, add the vegetables in the pot and cook it for 10 minutes, add salt and stir then pour the marinade.
6. Let meat simmer for 2 hours on low flame with the lid on.
7. Once done place the meat in a dish, blend the vegetables and the marinade until you get a thick sauce.
8. Serve the sliced Braised Beef with Barolo Wine along with the sauce.