- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Braciole (Italian-style rolled round steak) Recipe Video
|Beef steak||1 Large, cut into 1/4 thick (round beef steak)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Pignoli nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Gravy||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 90.8 mg
Sodium 1848 mg77%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 27 g54.7%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 10.2%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a clean worktable, place the steak and rub it with salt and pepper, all over the meat.
2. Sprinkle nuts, cheese and herbs all over the meat.
3. Starting from the short end roll the meat tightly and secure it with butcher’s twine.
4. In an ovenproof hot skillet, place the rolled meat and sear well until browned on all sides, about 6 to 8 minutes.
5. Place the skillet in the oven and broil for about 15 minutes or until the meat is tender.
6. Remove from the oven.
7. In a pot, bring gravy to boil and place the rolled meat and simmer for 5 minutes basting the meat with gravy.
8. Remove the Braciole and cut it into slices.
9. Serve the slice Braciole in serving plate and spoon gravy on top.