- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bow Ties In Mushroom Tomato Sauce Recipe
|Farfalle||12 Ounce (Bow Tie Pasta)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||3 Cup (48 tbs), chopped|
|Minced garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Shallots/Onions||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dried rosemary||1 Pinch|
|Tomato sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), prepared|
|35% whipping cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated|
Calories 659 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.5%
Saturated Fat 18.3 g91.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.7 mg
Sodium 211.8 mg8.8%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.1%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 19 g38.3%
Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C 14.8%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook farfalle 8 to 10 minutes such that al dente.
2. To prepare the sauce in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms until golden, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in garlic, shallots and rosemary and cook until shallots are softened.
4. Stir in tomato sauce and cream and cook 3 minutes until sauce thickens.
5. Toss drained pasta with sauce and Parmesan cheese and serve.