- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bow Tie Pasta With Chicken And Roast Garlic Recipe
|Olive oil||10 Teaspoon, divided (3 Tablespoons Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Assorted wild mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Pound, sliced (Such As Shiitake, Portobello Or Cremini)|
|Canned diced tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Chopped green onions||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts||1 1⁄2 Pound, diced|
|Chopped cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Bow tie pasta||1 Pound, cooked, drained|
Calories 538 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.7%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 935.5 mg39%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.3%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 57 g113%
Vitamin A 31.3% Vitamin C 50.9%
Calcium 22.2% Iron 30.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) Cut of about 1/4-inch of the garlic top and rub a teaspoon of olive oil on the garlic head.
3) In aluminium foil, wrap the garlic and cook for 45 minutes. Allow to cool and then squeeze the garlic pulp into a small bowl. Keep aside.
4) Over high-heat, place a large skillet and heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil till sufficiently hot.
5) Add the green onions and tomatoes and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring, Add the broth, scraping the bottom of the skillet clean. Cook gently over low heat for about 5 minutes or till the broth has been reduced to 1 cup.
6) Add the chicken, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper and cook for another 3 minutes.
7) In a large bowl, combine the pasta and the sauce together. Stir lightly.
8) Serve immediately.