- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bow Tie Pasta with Chicken and Green Olives Recipe
|Pancetta||3 Ounce, diced|
|Rosemary||2 Tablespoon, dried|
|Sage||2 Tablespoon, dried|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Hot pepper flakes||1 Pinch|
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken||6 Ounce, cooked|
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 131
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.6%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 41 mg
Sodium 525.3 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.6%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 19 g38.6%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 8.2%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook bow tie pasta 8 to 10 minutes until al dente.
2. To prepare the sauce, in a large skillet, cook pancetta and sausage meat over medium-high heat, stirring to break up, until the color of the sausage is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in rosemary, sage, garlic, olives and hot pepper flakes and cook for 2 minutes with frequent stirring.
4. Stir in chicken stock and lemon juice and cook for 5 minutes.
5. In 1 tablespoon (15 ml) cold water dissolve cornstarch, stir into sauce and cook until thickened, for about 2 minutes.
6. Stir in chicken, cook until heated through and season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Toss drained pasta with sauce and serve.