- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boulangere Potatoes Recipe Video
|Potatoes||6 Medium, thinly sliced (starchy potatoes)|
|Onion||3 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Vegetable stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (homemade or store bought)|
|Dried italian seasoning||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh thyme||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Fresh italian flat leaf parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Cheese||2 Tablespoon (Leveled) (of your choice)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 246 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.3 mg4.8%
Sodium 216.9 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.4%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 6 g11.5%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 76.4%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel potatoes and slice them thinly.
2. In a small bowl, combine vegetable stock, Italian seasoning, and garlic powder. Mix well.
3. Place a pan on heat, pour oil, and drop sliced onions in it.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Stir, and cook for 5 minutes to lightly sweat.
5. Drop garlic, and cook for another 5 minutes on gentle heat. Remove from pan, and set aside.
6. Grease an oven proof pan with olive oil. Put a layer of potatoes in bottom of pan.
7. Top it with onion. Sprinkle thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Repeat.
8. Lastly lay potatoes on top, overlapping each other.
9. Sprinkle salt, pepper, and thyme. Drizzle olive oil, and pour stock in it, about 2/3 way up.
10. Push potatoes in, and drop some butter.
11. Pop it in oven at 350 degree F for an hour.
12. Turn the oven to 425 degree F and cook for another 1 hour or until nice and crispy.
13. Spread cheese, place it in oven until cheese melts.
14. Sprinkle parsley and serve potatoes hot.