- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Olive oil/Salad oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crushed|
|Clam juice||32 Ounce|
|Canned peeled tomatoes||24 Ounce (Undrained)|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Crumbled saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried thyme leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Frozen rock lobster tails||16 Ounce|
|Cod steaks||1 Pound|
|Halibut steaks||1 Pound|
|Sea scallops||1⁄2 Pound|
|French bread loaf||1 , thin sliced (Toasted Or Fried)|
Calories 519 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.5 mg
Sodium 1513.5 mg63.1%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.2%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 60 g119%
Vitamin A 20.4% Vitamin C 24.4%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In an 8-quart kettle heat olive oil.
2. Add chopped onion and the garlic and saute until the onion is tender for about 5 minutes.
3. Add clam juice, tomatoes with their liquid, 3/4 cup water, the orange peel, salt, saffron, fennel seed, thyme, pepper and bay leaves and bring to boiling.
4. Reduce heat and simmer mixture, covered, 30 minutes.
5. Remove from heat let mixture cool and then refrigerate covered overnight.
6. Next day, cut the lobster tails (shell and all) in half crosswise.
7. Wipe the cod and halibut steaks with damp paper towels and cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces.
8. Rinse the sea scallops in running cold water and drain.
9. About 20 minutes before serving, bring tomato mixture just to boiling.
10. Add the lobster and simmer, covered, 4 minutes.
11. Add the cod and halibut pieces and simmer, covered 10 minutes.
12. Add the sea scallops and cook over low heat for 5 minutes just until the scallops are tender.
13. Spoon seafood and broth into soup tureen.
14. Serve bouillabaisse with thin slices of toasted French bread.