- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bouillabaisse Salad Recipe
|Mayonnaise/Prepared mayonnaise||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Pimentos||6 Ounce, drained|
|Canned pimentos||6 Ounce, drained|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, crushed|
|Chopped basil/Thyme/parsley/1 1/2 teaspoons dried leaf basil/thyme/parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Onion||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Parsley/Thyme||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Lemon slice/Orange slice||1|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Firm white fish||1 1⁄4 Pound (Halibut, Turbot Or Monkfish)|
|White fish||1⁄4 Pound|
|Squid||2 Medium, cleaned|
|Assorted shellfish||1 1⁄4 Pound (Mussels, Scallops, Unpeeled Shrimp Or Crayfish Tails)|
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 336.3 mg
Sodium 205.9 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 28 g55.8%
Vitamin A 50% Vitamin C 102.1%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 30.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For making Rouille Mayonnaise, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, pimentos, garlic and herbs.
2. Optionally in a mortar and pestle crush pimento, garlic and herbs to a paste.
3. Stir paste into mayonnaise, cover, store in refrigerator and use within 2 days.
4. For making the salad in a large saucepan bring 1 quart water, onion, bay leaf, parsley or thyme, lemon slice or orange slice, salt and pepper to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
5. Cut fish into 2-inch pieces, add to saucepan and simmer 5 to 6 minutes such that fish tests done.
6. Without letting it overcook with a slotted spoon remove and set aside to cool.
7. Make 1/4-inch rings crosswise out of the squid bodies and cut tentacles crosswise in halves or quarters.
8. In boiling fish-cooking liquid simmer squid pieces for 15 to 30 seconds such that squid turns opaque.
9. Using a slotted spoon remove and set aside to cool.
10. Simmer scallops in boiling cooking liquid for about 5 minutes and remove with a slotted spoon.
11. Simmer shrimp or crayfish tails in boiling cooking liquid for 3 minutes or such that firm.
12. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside to cool.
13. To boiling cooking liquid add mussels, cover pan and simmer for 4 to 8 minutes such that shells open.
14. With a slotted spoon remove mussels and discard any mussels that do not open.
15. Set mussels aside to cool.
16. In center of a large platter place a small decorative bowl and add mayonnaise.
17. Around the bowl arrange cooked fish and shellfish leaving mussels in bottom shells.
18. Serve seafood with Rouille Mayonnaise and a green salad.