- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bouillabaisse Gumbo Recipe
|Canned stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Condensed chicken gumbo soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs) (2 Soup Cans)|
|Sweet potato||1 Medium, peeled and chopped to make 1 cup|
|Celery stalks||1 , chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Green onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, snipped|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Bottled hot pepper sauce||2 Dash|
|Canned minced clams||7 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned shrimp||4 1⁄2 Ounce, drained and deveined (1 Can)|
Calories 296 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6%
Saturated Fat 0.62 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.7 mg15.6%
Sodium 754.4 mg31.4%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.6%
Sugars 13.8 g
Protein 28 g56.8%
Vitamin A 135.5% Vitamin C 65.3%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 99.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a Dutch oven combine together un-drained stewed tomatoes, condensed tomato soup, condensed chicken gumbo soup, water, sweet potato, celery, green onion, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, bottled hot pepper sauce, and bay leaf; bring the mixture to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
3. Add un-drained clams and drained shrimp.
4. Simmer for about 10 minutes or till mixture is heated through but do not boil.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Remove and discard bay leaf before serving.
7. Arrange the sour into individual serving bowl.
8. Garnish with parsley sprigs.