- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bottle Gourd Dessert Recipe Video
|Bottle gourd||5 Cup (80 tbs), skin and seeds removed, grated and squeezed out to remove water|
|Clarified butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Dry milk powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cardamom seeds||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Almonds/Pistachos||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), blanched and cut into thin slivers|
|Green food color||1 Drop (Optional)|
Calories 357 Calories from Fat 275
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.5%
Saturated Fat 17 g84.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 77.2 mg
Sodium 66.9 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 7 g14.8%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 26.1%
Calcium 23.1% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make khoya, into non-stick cooking pot pour milk, add the dry milk powder and stir continuously over low heat.
2. In another pan over medium heat add clarified butter, add bottle gourd and let it cook for about 15-20 minutes.
3. Add cardamom powder into the khoya and stir until it turns thick for about 15-20 minutes.
4. Once it is thick, add to the cooking bottle gourd, stir well and cook till most of the moisture evaporates from the halwa and it turns to a thick pudding consistency.
5. Add sugar and stir until sugar has melted and mix well.
6. When done, turn off fire and allow it to cool till just warm.
7. Let it cook for about 10 minutes and then add green color if desired.
8. Garnish with almond, pistachios slivers and serve.