- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boston Cream Pie Recipe
|Cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), scalded|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 Small, slightly beaten|
Calories 385 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0.9 g
Cholesterol 61 mg
Sodium 353.3 mg14.7%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g21.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.6%
Sugars 37.5 g
Protein 7 g14.4%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 17.1% Iron 2.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven moderate to 350°.
2. In a mixing bowl sieve dry ingredients together.
3. Mix shortening, milk, vanilla and almond extract
4. In a mixer beat the mixture for 2 minutes. Alternately beat with 300 strokes by hand.
5. Mix egg and beat for 2 minutes with mixer.
6. Grease two 8" or 9" round layer pans.
7. Pour the mixture into it.
8. Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes. This would make 2 layers.
9. Use one layer to make Boston Cream Pie. Freeze the other.
10. Divide the cooled cake layer across.
11. Spread Custard Cream Filling over the lower half.
12. Cover with top half.
13. To prepare Custard Cream Filling, in a bowl mix milk to mixture of sugar, cornstarch and salt.
14. Stir and cook slowly, until thick for about 10 to 15 minutes.
15. Add about 1/2 cup hot mixture to eggs and blend well.
16. Combine both mixtures and cook stirring for about 3 minutes.
17. Take off from heat.
18. Mix butter and vanilla.
19. Let it cool.
20. spread with Icing.