- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boston Cream Pie Recipe
|Yellow cake mix package||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 , slightly beaten|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||1 Ounce (1 Ounce Per Square)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), powdered|
|Hot water||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 402 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.1%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.2 mg
Sodium 325.4 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 47.7 g
Protein 4 g8.5%
Vitamin A 4.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.3% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions.
2. In a 1-quart casserole mix the granulated sugar, cornstarch and salt.
3. Blend in the milk.
4. In the microwave, cook for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes on Power 8 or Medium High until chocolate softens.
5. Take the egg yolk in a bowl and blend a little of the hot mixture into it.
6. Add it back to the hot mixture in the casserole.
7. In the microwave, cook for 1 1/2 minutes on Power 8 or Medium High.
8. Mix the butter and vanilla and cool the mixture.
9. Cut the cake horizontally into two layers.
10. Spread the mixture on top of one layer and cover with the other layer.
11. Cover and chill till the filling is firm.
12. In a small bowl, place the butter and chocolate.
13. In the microwave, cook for 1 ½ to 2 minutes at Power 7 or Medium-High until the chocolate is soft.
14. Stir to melt chocolate and blend in the powdered sugar and vanilla.
15. Stir in hot water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the glaze is of desired thickness.
16. With a spatula, spread the glaze over top of cake, allowing it to drizzle down the sides.
17. Cover and chill and serve.