- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boston Cream Pie Recipe
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Royal)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Boiling milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 314 Calories from Fat 33
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.7%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 108.6 mg
Sodium 255.5 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.85 g3.4%
Sugars 39.3 g
Protein 7 g14.6%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C
Calcium 18.8% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to moderate temperature.
2) In a saucepan, boil the milk and keep it aside.
3) Take 2 medium sized bowls. Whisk the egg yolks in one and stiffly beat the egg whites in another.
4) In a separate bowl, sift the flour with salt, sugar and baking powder for three to four times.
5) Transfer the whisked egg yolks to the bowl containing the egg whites.
6) Pour the egg mixture in to the flour. Then, add hot milk very slowly. Keep stirring as you pour the milk. Add vanilla and stir again.
7) Transfer the batter to a well greased, deep layer cake tin. Bake for 35 minutes.
8) Remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
9) Then, split the cake horizontally into 2 layers.
10) Spread spread cream pilling in between the layers. Sandwich the layers back together.
11) Top the cake with powdered sugar.
12) Make slices and serve chilled.
You can split cake into several layers.