- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boston Brown Bread Recipe
|Flour||5 Cup (80 tbs), sifted|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||4 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5120 Calories from Fat 901
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g153.6%
Saturated Fat 18.4 g92.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 7880.9 mg328.4%
Total Carbohydrates 979 g326.3%
Dietary Fiber 37.7 g150.9%
Sugars 407.8 g
Protein 106 g211.3%
Vitamin A 48.5% Vitamin C 16.4%
Calcium 46.7% Iron 215.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a saucepan, cover raisins with water and bring to a boil.
3) Set aside to cool.
4) Cream the margarine and sugar.
5) Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
6) Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
7) Alternately add the raisins and the flour mixture to the liquid.
8) Mix in the nuts.
9) Oil four 1-pound coffee cans and divide the batter among them, each 1/2 full.
10) Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.
11) Turn out on a rack to cool before serving.