- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Boston Baked Beans Casserole Recipe
|Dried navy beans||1 1⁄2 Pound, soaked overnight and drained|
|Lean bacon||1 Pound, cut into two pieces|
|Bacon bones||8 Ounce|
|Dry mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||2 , finely chopped|
Calories 772 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g10%
Saturated Fat 0.32 g1.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.3 mg
Sodium 993.1 mg41.4%
Total Carbohydrates 116 g38.7%
Dietary Fiber 42.7 g170.9%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 61 g121.8%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 8.5%
Calcium 28.2% Iron 54.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 300°F, Gas Mark 2.
2) Take a saucepan and add the beans with fresh water and allow boiling.
3) Boil for about 1 hour and drain the excess water but saving it for later use.
4) Cut the rind of both the bacon pieces.
5) Take a large casserole and place one piece in the bottom of it and add the beans and bacon bones.
6) Cover the second bacon piece in the beans so that the rind is just seen.
7) Mix in the molasses, mustard, onions and seasoning into the saved bean cooking liquid and transfer to the casserole.
8) If required add more boiling water so that the beans get covered.
9) Cover the casserole with a lid and bake in the oven for 6 hours.
10) Boiling water needs to be added as and when required so that the beans are kept covered.
11) Remove the lid of the casserole for the last hour of cooking and toss the pork to the surface.
12) Serve hot.