- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bosc Pear Salad Recipe Video
|Spring greens||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (tender, organic)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Dash (as needed)|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch, freshly crushed (as needed, to taste)|
|Kosher salt||1 Pinch|
|Bosc pear||1 Large|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed)|
|Honey||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Balsamic reduction||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Feta cheese||2 Small (piece, prepared from sheep milk)|
Calories 261 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.6%
Saturated Fat 5 g24.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.9 mg
Sodium 441.4 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.7%
Sugars 20 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 27.1%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 5.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, place the spring greens, drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil.
2) Sprinkle the greens with kosher salt and black pepper.
3) Then lightly toss with fork to mix, transfer the greens to a serving platter and set aside.
4) Cut the bosc pear vertically into half keeping the stem intact.
5) Remove the seed core and long continuation of the stem with a melon bailer.
6) Arrange the pear over the greens in the serving platter and scatter some walnuts around the pears.
7) Drizzle some honey and balsamic reduction over the pears and walnuts around the platter.
8) Arrange two pieces of feta cheese and drizzle the cheese with some more olive oil and freshly crushed black pepper to taste.
9) Serve the Bosc Pear Salad immediately or refrigerate until needed.