- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Borscht Hot Recipe
|Boneless chuck||2 Pound, cut into bite-size chunks|
|Canned tomatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Undrained)|
|Canned beets||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Undrained)|
|Cabbage||1 Large, shredded|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (As Required, For Covering)|
Calories 384 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19%
Saturated Fat 0.08 g0.41%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2176.1 mg90.7%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.4%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 45 g89.5%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 103.1%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Blend tomatoes and beets to a smooth puree.
2) Into a stew pot,empty the puree and mix with meat, cabbage and salt already present.
3) Allow the mixture to boil.
4) Skim the surface,reduce the heat, cover with lid.
5) Reduce to a simmer and cook for 3 hours, and make sure that soup does not boil.
6) Taste for seasoning,add if necessary before serving.