- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Borracho Chipotle Chicken (Mexican Grilled Chicken) Recipe Video
|Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce||7 Ounce (1 can)|
|Avocado oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (or any oil)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Dark beer||6 Ounce|
|Chicken||6 Pound, cut in half (5 1/2- 6)|
|Coarse ground kosher salt||To Taste|
|Green onion||3 (Mexican)|
Calories 943 Calories from Fat 529
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g90.4%
Saturated Fat 15.5 g77.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 303.9 mg
Sodium 613.4 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 92 g184.9%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 6.7%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For marinade, in blender, add chipotle pepper, avocado oil, garlic, and beer. Blend until smooth.
2. In ziplock bag, put chicken and pour marinade in it. Shake to coat well. Place it in refrigerator for 2 hours.
3. Remove chicken from marinade, place it on grill and sprinkle salt on it.
4. Place chicken on direct flame and cook until it gets nice charred marks.
5. Now place chicken on indirect flame, cover and cook for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degree at the breast and 180 degree at the thigh and the leg portion of chicken. Try to maintain temperature of grill to 375 degree F while cooking.
6. Flip chicken once half way through and place green onions on grill. Continue cooking.
7. Remove chicken from grill and let it rest.
8. Carve chicken and serve it with roasted green onion, radish, and cilantro garnish.
You can serve grilled chicken with rice, beans, and taco.