- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boneless Roast Leg Of Lamb Recipe
|Boneless lamb leg||2 3⁄4 Pound (1 Small Sized, Ask Your Butcher To Butterfly The Leg For You)|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (For Drizzling)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), crushed|
|Fresh mint||1 Bunch (100 gm), washed|
|Lemon wedges/Grapefruit wedges||4|
Calories 421 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.7%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 178.1 mg
Sodium 197.4 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 60 g119.4%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 17.4%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven hot to 400Â°F.
2) Set the top oven rack at 6 inch distance from broiler.
3) In a shallow baking pan put the lamb.
4) Drizzle oil over it and rub over the lamb.
5) Sprinkle salt and coarse black pepper over it and rub on both sides.
6) Rub 2 cloves crushed garlic on the boned side of the lamb.
7) Pound other cloves and whole bundle of mint in the center of the meat.
8) Fold it in half and roast for 20 minutes.
9) Set the broiler on high and brown the lamb in 5 minutes.
10) Take off from oven.
11) Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
12) Slice and serve.
13) Squeeze lemon or grapefruit over the meat.
14) Reserve around 1/3 of the meat for the next day.