- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bombe Fritte ( Deep-Fried Doughnuts ) Recipe Video
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Peanut oil||300 Milliliter|
Calories 284 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.6%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.4 mg
Sodium 18.7 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 0.86 g3.4%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A 2.9% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 2% Iron 6.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small pot warm the milk with salt and sugar once the sugar is dissolved, pour half the milk into a small bowl containing yeast.
2. When the yeast is dissolved mix it with 1 cup of flour, mix well to form a paste and then cover with cling wrap and let it rest for 90 minutes.
3. After the dough is doubled in size mix the rest of the flour, lemon zest, butter, vanilla and little by little milk, knead until you get smooth dough.
4. Cover the dough and let it rest for 2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
5. Start rolling the dough after 2 hours; roll the dough into half an inch in thickness on a worktop which is dusted with flour.
6. Cut circles on the rolled dough and keep the remaining bits aside, place the cut circles on a floured tea towel and let the dough rest fro 30 minutes.
7. For the extra bits use a circular cutter of about 3 and ¼ inches in diameter, cut the bits and let them rest.
8. In a large frying pan heat the oil and the temperature of the oil should be 340 -- maximum 350 degrees F, fry the dough until golden brown in colour.
9. Let them dry on a few sheets of kitchen roll. Then all we need is to top them with sugar.
10. Serve the Bombe Fritte at your next carnival party.