- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bombay Toast Recipe
|Double cream||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Anchovy essence||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Anchovy fillets||4 , cut into thin strips|
Calories 277 Calories from Fat 170
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.3%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 204.5 mg
Sodium 927.7 mg38.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.81 g3.2%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 11 g21.1%
Vitamin A 9.9% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 22.6% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl beat the eggs well.
2. Put in the cream, anchovy essence and chopped capers, and mix well.
3. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
4. In a non-stick saucepan melt the butter and add the egg mixture.
5. Cook gently over a low heat, stirring frequently.
6. While the egg is cooking, toast the bread and spread generously with butter.
7. On serving plates place them.
8. Pile the cooked egg on the toast and lay the strips of anchovy fillet across the top of each to form a lattice pattern.
9. Place the whole capers in between the fillets and serve immediately.