- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced Bombay Potatoes Recipe Video
|Potatoes||1 Pound, peeled, cooked (new jersey royals)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Green chilies||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Curry leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Teaspoon, minced|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (or as required)|
Calories 238 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.5 mg10.2%
Sodium 110.8 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.2%
Sugars 1.1 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 44%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan,add olive oil and butter.
2. When the butter starts melting, add cumin, green chilies, curry leaves and garlic. Saute them well.
3. Season with little salt and add in asafoetida and curry powder.
4. Put the potatoes in and stir well to coat.
5. Pour in a little water and cook them until the potatoes are soft and tender.
6. Serve Bombay Potatoes as a side dish with your choice of main.