- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Bolognese Sauce Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Onion||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Canned tomatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Italian parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|White wine||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Rosemary||1 Teaspoon, minced|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Boneless chuck||2 Pound|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Parmigiano-reggiano||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), grated|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3910 Calories from Fat 2090
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 236 g363.3%
Saturated Fat 86.4 g432.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 438.7 mg
Sodium 5434.8 mg226.5%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.2%
Dietary Fiber 24.2 g97%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 297 g593.3%
Vitamin A 290.5% Vitamin C 240.8%
Calcium 144.8% Iron 108.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the onion and garlic. Saute until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the canned crushed tomatoes, Italian parsley, white wine, marjoram, and rosemary.
4. Bring to a boil and lower to simmer. Cooked uncovered for 3 hours. Add the butter, salt and pepper to taste.
5. In a second stockpot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the meat and brown each side.
6. Add the water, red wine, and garlic. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer. Cover and cook for 2 hours.
7. Allow the meat to cool until it can be handled and then shred. Stir in the sauce.
8. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and cream. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 20 minutes covered on low heat and serve.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com