- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Bold BBQ-Basted Turkey Thighs Recipe Video
|Ketchup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chinese chili garlic sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Turkey thighs||2 Pound (6 turkey thighs, bone-in and skin-on)|
Calories 383 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.2%
Saturated Fat 0.17 g0.87%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.2 mg0.4%
Sodium 526.8 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 17.1 g
Protein 26 g51.5%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 0.03% Iron 0.13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree.
2. Take a resealable bag, put ketchup, water, garlic sauce, brown sugar, vinegar and Dijon mustard.
3. Using a paper towel, remove the turkey skin. Put it into the bag, mix well to coat. Place the bag in refrigerator for at least 1 hour. You may also keep it in refrigerator for 24 hours.
4. Take a roasting pan, and place turkey pieces on it. Pour remaining marinade on top. Cover it with foil and place it in oven for 30-45 minutes.
5. Remove the pan from oven, uncover, turn turkey pieces and put it back in the oven. Cook for another 15 minutes or until they become golden brown.
6. Transfer turkey pieces to a serving plate. Pour the sauce on top.
7. Serve turkey with with salad and rice, egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
Due to the varying size of turkey thigh, you must put an instant read thermometer, and check if it is cooked. Perfectly cooked turkey should have an internal temperature of 165 degree.
BBQ Variation: Combine marinade ingredients in bowl and set aside. Place turkey thighs on greased grill over medium high heat and grill for about 10 minutes. Turn over and reduce heat to medium. Grill and brush with sauce liberally for 20 to 30 minutes or until juices are no longer pink and an instant read thermometer registers 165°F (74°C).
Slow Cooker Variation: Place marinated turkey thighs and marinade into 5 or 6 quart (4 or 5 L) slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours or on High for 6 to 8 hours.