- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boite Aux Fraises Recipe
|Soft light brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Plain chocolate||4 Ounce, melted (125 Gram)|
|Framboise/Grand marnier||3 Tablespoon|
|Strawberries||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Icing sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Natural yogurt||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2431 Calories from Fat 966
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g168.4%
Saturated Fat 63.6 g318%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 875 mg
Sodium 343.3 mg14.3%
Total Carbohydrates 337 g112.5%
Dietary Fiber 24.7 g98.9%
Sugars 254.9 g
Protein 43 g85.6%
Vitamin A 18.6% Vitamin C 243.2%
Calcium 46.4% Iron 61%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Whisk the eggs and sugar together using an electric whisk for about 10 minutes, until the mixture is very thick and mousse-like.
3. Carefully fold in the flour, then turn into the prepared tin. Bake in a preheated oven, 190°C/375°F, for 30-35 minutes, until the cake springs back when lightly pressed. Cool on a wire rack.
4. Pour the melted chocolate onto waxed paper and leave until just set. Cut into 5 cm (2 inch) squares, using a sharp knife and ruler.
5. Sprinkle the liqueur over the sponge and place on a serving plate. Set aside 4 strawberries for decoration. Slice the remainder, sprinkle with half of the icing sugar and mix together gently. Spoon on top of the sponge.
6. Whip the cream with the remaining sugar until stiff. Mix the yogurt with a fork until smooth, then carefully fold into the cream.
7. Spread some of the cream mixture over the sides of the cake. Cover with the chocolate squares, overlapping slightly.
8. Place the remaining cream mixture in a piping bag fitted with a fluted nozzle and pipe over the fruit. Cut the reserved strawberries in half and arrange on top of the gateau