- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boiled Potatoes And Sliced Tomatoes Recipe
|Idaho potatoes||2 Pound (3 Large)|
|Ripe tomatoes||4 Large, cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Ripe avocado||1 , pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/4-inch dice (Preferably Haas)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Thyme leaves||2 Teaspoon|
|Limes||1 , quartered (For Garnish)|
Calories 681 Calories from Fat 115
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.9%
Saturated Fat 1.3 g6.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 196.2 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g44.9%
Dietary Fiber 17.5 g69.9%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 15 g30.3%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 138.9%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, keep potatoes and add enough water to cover the potatoes.
2. Bring the potatoes to a boil and then reduce the heat.
3. Simmer uncovered for 15- 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
4. Drain and let them cool.
5. Peel the potatoes and slice diagonally into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
6. In a separate bowl and gently toss potatoes with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
7. In another bowl, toss avocado in lime juice and keep aside.
8. In the bottom of a serving platter, arrange tomato slices in a single layer.
9. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle coarsely grounded black pepper.
10. Arrange a layer of potatoes on top of the tomato slices.
11. Top the dish with avocadoes.
12. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves and keep lime wedges on the side of the platter.