- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boiled Parsnips Recipe
|Parsnips||1 Pound, prepared for cooking|
|Boiling water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 502.5 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.2%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C 32.1%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, cover parsnips with water.
2. Place pan on a medium flame and bring water to a boil.
3. Cover pan with a lid and simmer the parsnips for 30-35 minutes until fork tender.
4. Drain into a colander and allow cooling until easy to handle.
5. Slice thinly or cut into dices and add to the pan.
6. Add butter to the parsnips and toss over a low flame.
7. Season them with salt and pepper according to taste and toss to coat the parsnips well.
8. Serve the buttered parsnips warm.