- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boiled Okra Recipe
|Okra||1 Pound (Prepared For Cooking)|
|Boiling water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 89 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.5%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 498 mg20.7%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 39.9%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice large pods into 1-inch thick pieces or leave whole if they are small.
2. In a saucepan, cover okra with water and add salt.
3. Cover the pan and allow the okra to simmer for 5-10 minutes until they are tender-crisp.
4. Drain the water.
5. Sprinkle pepper and slide in the butter.
6. Place pan on a low flame and toss the okra to heat though and coat with butter.
7. Dish out into a vegetable bowl and serve hot.