- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boiled Icing Recipe
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flavoring extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon (Royal)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 795 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.05 g0.08%
Saturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 442.8 mg18.4%
Total Carbohydrates 203 g67.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.01 g0.04%
Sugars 201.3 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 37.2% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, add sugar and water to boil without stirring.
2) Continue boiling until the syrup spins a thread.
3) Beat egg whites to stiff and pour the syrup into the eggs.
4) Beat the mixture to a smooth consistency.
5) Add flavoring and baking powder.
6) Let it stand for few minutes before spreading.