- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boiled Fresh Whole Kernel Corn Recipe
|Ears of corn||8 , prepared|
|Boiling water/Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pepper white||1 Pinch|
Calories 452 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.3%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 185.2 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.3%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.5%
Sugars 16.4 g
Protein 14 g27.8%
Vitamin A 23.1% Vitamin C 50.8%
Calcium 2% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Shuck corn and cut corn kernels from the cob using a large sharp knife.
2. Place corn kernels in a saucepan and add water or milk and sugar to it.
3. Cover the pan with its lid and place on a medium flame to cook.
4. Simmer for 5-8 minutes until the corn is tender-crisp.
5. Drain well and empty into the serving bowl.
6. Add seasoning and butter and toss well
7. Serve the corn warm.