- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boiled Dried Whole Peas Recipe
|Dried yellow peas||1 Pound, washed and sorted (Use Whole)|
|Cold water||2 1⁄2 Quart (Approximately)|
|Butter/Margarine / bacon / roast drippings||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 187 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.4%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.1 mg
Sodium 1483.3 mg61.8%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.6%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 9 g17.4%
Vitamin A 3.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 2% Iron 0.08%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a stock pot, cover peas with 1 quart water and soak overnight.
2. Drain peas, measure soaking water, and add cold water to equal 1 1/2 quarts.
3. Place pot on a medium flame and bring water to a boil
4. Reduce heat, cover pot and simmer peas for 1 ¾ to 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until peas are tender.
5. Simmer uncovered for few minutes until all the water has evaporated.
6. Stir in butter or drippings, salt to taste, and pepper
7. Ladle into individual bowls
8. Serve hot.