- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boiled Cucumbers Recipe
|Cucumbers||3 Medium, peeled, halved, and seeded|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pepper white||1 Pinch|
Calories 95 Calories from Fat 73
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.7%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g26%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.5 mg
Sodium 167.6 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.81 g3.2%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 1 g2.2%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Halve the cucumbers or cut them into 1-inch cubes.
2. Add the cucumbers to a saucepan and cover them with water. Add salt.
3. Cover the pan with its lid and place it on a medium low flame.
4. Allow the cucumbers to boil for 8-10 minutes until they are tender but retain the bite.
5. Drain the excess water and retain the cucumbers in the pan.
6. Return pan to flame. Season with pepper and slide in the butter.
7. Allow the moisture to dry, tossing the cucumbers until well coated with butter.
8. Serve them immediately while hot, crisp and buttery.