- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boiled Chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken||1 , whole|
|Onion||2 Medium, cut into large pieces|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, cut into large pieces|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Sodium Bicarbonate)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Hot pepper||To Taste|
|Bouillon cubes||1 Medium (Optional)|
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled, cut into large pieces|
|Carrot||1 Large, peeled, cut into large pieces|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 805 Calories from Fat 380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.9%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 251.8 mg
Sodium 634.7 mg26.4%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 79 g158.6%
Vitamin A 79.2% Vitamin C 44.6%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a deep pot, add the chicken, the baking soda and onions, tomato, garlic, white pepper, ginger, hot pepper, bouillon cube (if using).
2. Cover with 3 cups of water and bring this to boil.
3. After 15 minutes remove the lid and cook for another 30 minutes.
4. Add the salt, potatoes and carrot. Let simmer for 15 minutes or until it is done. Turn off the heat.
5. In a serving plate or bowl, serve the chicken with fufu, rice or bread.