- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boiled Chicken Recipe Video
|Chicken||1 , whole|
|Onion||2 Medium, cut into large pieces|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, cut into large pieces|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Sodium Bicarbonate)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|White pepper||To Taste|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Hot pepper||To Taste|
|Bouillon cubes||1 Medium (Optional)|
|Potato||1 Medium, peeled, cut into large pieces|
|Carrot||1 Large, peeled, cut into large pieces|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 913 Calories from Fat 515
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.9%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g81.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 281.8 mg93.9%
Sodium 653.4 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 73 g146.1%
Vitamin A 82.3% Vitamin C 54.6%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 24.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a deep pot, add the chicken, the baking soda and onions, tomato, garlic, white pepper, ginger, hot pepper, bouillon cube (if using).
2. Cover with 3 cups of water and bring this to boil.
3. After 15 minutes remove the lid and cook for another 30 minutes.
4. Add the salt, potatoes and carrot. Let simmer for 15 minutes or until it is done. Turn off the heat.
5. In a serving plate or bowl, serve the chicken with fufu, rice or bread.