- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boiled Celeriac Recipe
|Celeriac||3 Tablespoon, prepared for cooking (Knobs)|
|Boiling water/Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Melted butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 39 Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.3%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg
Sodium 334 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 0.76 g0.25%
Dietary Fiber 0.16 g0.65%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 0.17 g0.33%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 0.7% Iron 0.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, combine celeriac, water or broth, and salt according to taste.
2. Cover and place on a medium flame.
3. Simmer until celeriac is tender-crisp
4. Drain well and empty into serving dish.
5. Season with pepper and add butter. Toss well.
6. Serve warm instead of potatoes.
Boil celeriac for 15 minutes for julienne strips and 20-30 for cubes and slices.