- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Boeuf Bourguignon Recipe
|Bacon||1 Pound, diced|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chuck||8 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Garlic||8 Clove (40 gm)|
|Leeks||4 , chopped|
|Carrots||8 , chopped|
|Onions||6 , chopped|
|Burgundy||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Fresh mushrooms||3 Pound|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Small white onions||3 Pound|
|Sherry||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||4 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 1565 Calories from Fat 813
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 92 g141.4%
Saturated Fat 38 g190%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 345.2 mg
Sodium 1463.8 mg61%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.7%
Sugars 21 g
Protein 88 g175.5%
Vitamin A 249.1% Vitamin C 80.2%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 47.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, saute the bacon, until brown and crisp, drain and keep aside.
2)In a brown paper bag, add the flour, salt and pepper together, then add the beef cubes, in batches and shake, until thoroughly coated.
3) In the skillet drippings, saute the beef cubes, until brown.
4) In a large Dutch oven, remove the beef cubes with a slotted spoon, and keep aside.
5) Saute the garlic, carrots and onions in the skillet drippings, until soft and lightly browned.
6) In a small pan, warm the Cognac, flame and pour over the beef cubes.
7) Stir the garlic, leeks, carrots, onions, bay leaf, thyme and Burgundy into the beef in the Dutch oven.
8) Cover and cook over a low heat for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, or until beef is fork-tender.
9) In another skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter, remove and keep aside.
10) Then stir in and saute the white onions until brown.
11) Pour in 1 cup sherry and lemon juice into the skillet, cover and simmer the onions for 15 minutes.
12) Stir the mushrooms and onions into the beef mixture and cook for another 5 minutes.
13) Sprinkle with the parsley and serve the Boeuf Bourguignon, immediately with hot buttered noodles or rice.