- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Onion||1 , skinned and finely chopped|
|Lard/Dripping||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (Little Required)|
|White bread slice||1 , soaked in a little milk|
|Stoned raisins||1 Ounce, finely chopped|
|Lean beef||1 Pound, minced|
|Blanched almonds||1 Ounce, chopped|
|Demerara sugar||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Curry powder||3 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.6%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 157.1 mg
Sodium 241.6 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 32 g63.1%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 19.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Beat 1 egg and keep aside.
2) Squeeze milk from the soaked bread.
3) In a frying pan, fry the onion in the lard until browned.
4) In a mixing bowl, tranfer the onion and mix with beef, bread, chopped raisins, almonds, vinegar, beaten egg, sugar and curry powder.
5) Combine the mixture well.
6) In a 2 1/2 pt pie container or foil container, place the beef mixture.
7) Beat 2nd egg with milk and add salt and pepper.
8) Pour the egg mixture over the beef.
9) In another container, fill the hot water and stand the pie dish into it.
10) In the oven, cook the beef pie at 375 degree F for 1 hour or until set.
11) Cool rapidly.
12) Reheat before serving.