- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blushing Peach Jam Recipe
|Peaches||1 1⁄2 Pound, crushed, peeled and pitted (2 cups)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red raspberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||7 Cup (112 tbs)|
|Liquid fruit pectin||6 Ounce (1 bottle)|
|Almond extract||4 Drop|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5874 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.6%
Saturated Fat 0.19 g0.93%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3.6 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 1512 g504%
Dietary Fiber 33.7 g134.7%
Sugars 1470.7 g
Protein 10 g20.1%
Vitamin A 46.6% Vitamin C 253.6%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium bowl, mix together crushed peaches and 2 tablespoon of lemon juice; keep aside.
2. In another medium bowl, crush berries and mix with remaining 2 tablespoon of lemon juice.
3. In a heavy kettle, mix together peaches, raspberries and sugar; stir constantly and heat until mixture reaches full rolling boiling and then boil for 1 minute.
4. Remove pan from heat and stir in pectin.
5. Skim top and stir in extract.
6. Into hot sterilized jars, ladle mixture leaving 1/8 inch empty on top.
7. Using a clean and dry kitchen towel, wipe the rim of jar and adjust lid.
8. Into a canner of boiling water, place the jars and process for 5 minutes.
9. Remove jars and place over a clean towel.
10. Let the jars cool down and seal completely until they are self-sealing type.
11. Serve Blushing Peach Jam over toast or spread over bread to enjoy.