- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blueberry Squares Recipe
|Quick cooking oatmeal||1 2⁄3 Cup (26.67 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Blueberry jam||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1324 Calories from Fat 725
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 84 g129.7%
Saturated Fat 43.6 g218%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg
Sodium 29.4 mg1.2%
Total Carbohydrates 137 g45.6%
Dietary Fiber 12.5 g49.9%
Sugars 58.9 g
Protein 17 g34%
Vitamin A 28.4% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 28.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven moderately to 350°F (180°C).
2) Grease 9" x 9" (22.8 cm x 22.8 cm) cake pan with butter.
3) In a large bowl mix thoroughly oatmeal, flour and sugar.
4) Cut butter with pastry blender and add into the dry mixture. Rub till it resembles breadcrumbs.
5) Blend in lemon with the pastry blender.
6) Take the greased cake pan and spread 2/3 of the mixture on it and press it down.
7) Spread jam evenly on the dry mixture covering every nook and corner.
8) Dust coconut and pecans over the jam.
9) Layer on top with dry mixture. Spread on the top and press lightly.
10) Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes till golden.
11) With a knife cut into squares while still warm.
12) Let stand till cool.
16) Serve as a snack with any hot beverage.