- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blueberry Spice Muffins Recipe
|All-purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), washed & drained|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4737 Calories from Fat 1656
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 187 g288%
Saturated Fat 50.2 g251.2%
Trans Fat 20.2 g
Cholesterol 868.5 mg
Sodium 3513.3 mg146.4%
Total Carbohydrates 699 g233.1%
Dietary Fiber 22.3 g89%
Sugars 344.6 g
Protein 80 g160.5%
Vitamin A 27.6% Vitamin C 48.8%
Calcium 161.1% Iron 151.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take 24 large size muffin cups and grease them after placing paper liners.
2) Preheat oven to 400° F.
3) Take a sheet of wax paper and sift together baking powder, flour, cinnamon, salt, cloves and nutmeg.
4) In a large bowl, beat together shortening and sugar using an electric mixer at high speed for 3 minutes or until light.
5) Add eggs one by one and beat upon each addition.
6) Reduce the mixer speed and gently stir in all the dry ingredients.
7) Add milk and mix nicely. Fold in blueberries and mix.
8) Pour batter in each of the prepared muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes or until muffins turn golden brown in color.
9) Serve warm with whipped cream, if desired.