- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blueberry Pie Recipe Video
|Blueberry||1 Pound, frozen, thawed|
|Granulated sugar||4 Ounce|
|Lemon juice||1 Dash (to taste)|
|Basic pie dough||2 Medium (pieces)|
|Egg||1 Large (for egg wash)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2883 Calories from Fat 1091
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 121 g186.6%
Saturated Fat 45 g225.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 1918 mg79.9%
Total Carbohydrates 436 g145.2%
Dietary Fiber 19.4 g77.5%
Sugars 159.1 g
Protein 23 g46.3%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 73.6%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 38.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Prepare a 9-inch pie plate with the basic pie dough and set aside.
3) In a bowl, whisk 2 ounces of water, 2 1/2 ounces granulated sugar, and all the cornstarch together.
4) In a pot, boil the remaining sugar, water, and nutmeg. Then pour in the entire cornstarch slurry mixture and continuously whisk. Cook the mixture for 1 to 3 minutes to make sure the cornstarch is fully cooked.
5) Remove from heat and add in a few drops of lemon juice and stir to mix.
6) Fold in the thawed blueberries being careful not to smash them as much as possible.
7) Allow the filling to completely cool. When cooled, pour the mixture into the pie shell and push all the way to edges.
8) Roll the second piece of pie dough out, cut 5 to 8 two inch slits around the middle, and cover the filling with it.(You can use a little bit of egg wash to help secure the edges). Peel off the excess dough and use a fork to crimp the edges of the dough.
9) Lightly egg wash the pie and stick the flower dough cut outs. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 to 30 minutes until pie dough is browned and the filling is bubbly.
10) Allow the Blueberry Pie to cool down, then slice into wedges and serve.