- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Vegan Blueberry Pancakes Recipe Video
|Cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Cooked as per package)|
|Almond milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Agave syrup||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Quinoa flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Blueberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 632 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.7%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 813.1 mg33.9%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.4%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.8%
Sugars 37.1 g
Protein 10 g20.4%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 59.7% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Prepare 1/2 cup cornmeal as per directions on package. It will absorb water quickly so cover and keep it aside.
2. Mix 1 teaspoon Agave syrup with 1 cup of almond milk.
3. In a bowl, mix 1/2 cup quinoa flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder and a pinch of salt and mix it all together.
4. Add the prepared cornmeal into the bowl and 1/2 cup of almond milk and mix. You need to get a thick but pourable consistency.
5. Add more almond milk, if required.
6. Heat a skillet or a non-stick pan and pour batter onto vessel.
7. Keep flame on medium and cook.
8. When the batter begins to bubble, add berries to the top and push them into the batter with the tip of your finger.
9. Flip pancakes and let it cook on the other side for a minute or two.
10. Plate and serve with maple syrup or top with fake butter if you like.